Thursday 2 May 2013

Flatbed scanning


Experiment 1


Today I wanted to test what different objects could be scanned in my flatbed scanner.
I did my best to line all my favourite objects. 

My story was describing different aspects of my own life.

These aspects include the things that are very important to me.

I have included a journal/diary I always use.
A silver ring from my boyfriend.
A lock of Sandys hair. (Sandy was my dog and passed away a year ago)

A necklace from my family.
My tinwhistle (regulary play folk music)
Make up (yeah.... a current hobbie and interest)
Certificate (a fake one) given to me by my friend in last years course (graphic design)
A photograph with my friends.
Background is shocking but I used piano sheet music.

A lot of these are past and present interests/achievments, life stuff.

This was my initial idea but I feel the information would be lost on the viewer but the flow didn't work out how I wanted it to.
























 

 

Redo idea


I wanted to keep the same theme/story. But just tidy up the flow.

Representing my life and interests. Me in a nutshell!

1)  Piano sheet in the background. Played piano since I was 9
2)  Bookmark I made, representing my craft and graphic design
3)  Photograph of my best friends
4)  CD of the Corrs, a big part of my musical influence
5)  Another precious bookmark my parents gave me.
6)  My certificate representing my achievements last year
7)  A celtic pendant, my love for beautiful things
8)  Ring from my boyfriend
9)  Crossroads card. I'm a shopaholic.









No comments:

Post a Comment