Tuesday 9 April 2013

My 3 logo versions


Sketches


I have done my best to neatly sketch my 3 favourite logo versions for JT designs.

JT designs is my own little way to promote my design work so that clients remember who I am.


The first one (from left to right) is my initials and also 'D' for 'design's, all linking up together.
I actually prefer it being simply 'JT' and designs written near it. But I didn't mind the idea for linking each letter together. 'Designs' in all of them are written with the middle 'S' laying down. That was a random idea, I wanted something visually different as my logo is text based.

The second version is my favourite. I thought 'why not?' just tilt my initials. We are very used to seeing things upright. I remember a photographer I worked with did a photoshoot with me and tilted the image so that the horizon was diagonal. He told me it was visually creative and was a Japenese design trend in photography.

The third one was my favourite idea was a while, until I did the second. I wanted to chop off corners, keep things square and sit everything perfectly next to each other.


While these logos all have different aspects I like, I think the middle one speaks my message clearer.
The way the 'S' in design sits, shows I'm playful and the initals sit in a clever way and whatever font I choose should show my clean and neat work.

I wish to experiment with colour for this one but would love to grab some feedback first :)






2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, I enjoy your first and second logos too.

    Please feel free to ignore any of my suggestions.

    your first design works well but perhaps the designs underneath the symbol is redundant? also I would line up the hook in the J and the arch in the D to be on the same level if that make sense?

    Love your second design. Could it be improved with a square around the whole thing? the same density of line as the J and the T?

    hope that might be some good feedback,

    cheers,

    Hamish Hall

    ps, feel free to comment on my bloghttp://hamishhall.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/assessment-task-logo-design-process.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same about the first! And definitely would line it all up if I did a digital version :)

    I will try the square outline idea for the second! Looking forward to putting that one to the computer.

    I commented on yours on the actual forum, probably should have on your blog but I guess it doesn't matter!

    Thank you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete