Monday 11 March 2013

Poster design


    Expressing feelings with type

 

     I really liked the quote 'Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow'
    I'm a person who can really relate to that!
 
    I started out looking for a typeface for the word 'Worry'.
    When I worry, I usually feel very negative. I usually listen to Evanescence :P
  
    This is a font called 'Evanescent' a clever person made on Dafont.com.
    It had a very distorted and sharp look. A bit like the overwhelming feeling of worrying.

    I left the font black and quite big, when you worry it feels huge and noticable.

    I used a calmer sans serif font in white (called Iris), to represent the factual logical text.
    I put 'small' in Italics and a few point sizes down.
    'A big shadow' is left in black with 'big' in bold, the last thing in the flow of text you read.

    The 'BIG' shadow coming from the 'small', occured to me during font searching.
    Probably my favourite feature!




   


    

    A few tweaks!

 

     Gave the background a softer feel, I prefer it subtle actually :)
   
The kerning and baseline in 'Worry' was also adjusted!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment